PURINCOAT - Waterproofing Membranes
Water-based polyurethane membrane systems with PUD technology are offered with primers, filled and transparent structures.
The highest performance products of coatings made for waterproofing are polyurethane-based. There are many product groups designed as two-component or single-component. We can classify these systems as solvent-based, solvent-free and water-based. We offer quite different resin solutions for manufacturers in this field.
As PURIN, we have decided to offer innovative, environmentally and human health-friendly products to the sector with our own experience and dynamic structure, as well as our resins. Unlike conventional solvent or bituminous systems, we supply water-based product groups ready for use to the waterproofing industry.
We can summarize the advantages of products obtained with PUD technology compared to other products as follows;
- High mechanical performance: It has very high mechanical performance compared to nonpolyurethane products. It has similar performances to polyurethane prepolymers
- High chemical performance: Hydrolysis resistance is very high; it does not decompose in aqueous environments.
- Can be applied to damp surfaces: Polyurethane prepolymer-based systems are very sensitive to moisture on the ground. It cannot be applied to damp surfaces, but PUD membranes already contain water in their structure. For this reason, it can be easily applied to all kinds of damp and even wet surfaces.
- UV does not turn yellow: Most of the polyurethane prepolymer-based products are aromatic and UV strengthening additives are used to delay yellowing, but yellowing will occur after a certain period of time. PUD membrane systems are produced aliphatic due to their structure. Therefore, there is no yellowing problem
- Environmentally friendly product: Polyurethane prepolymer-based products contain flammable and combustible solvents. It presents risks in terms of environment and human health. Since PUD membranes are water-based systems, they do not pose a risk to human and environmental health.
- Long shelf life: Polyurethane prepolymer materials continue to react with moisture. Therefore, they have a short shelf life of 6 months. Due to the nature of PUD membranes, they do not have such risks and have a long shelf life of 12-24 months.
- Cost advantage: Products equivalent to PUD membrane products are products made with aliphatic solvent-based polyurethane prepolymer due to their UV resistance. However, the costs of these products are higher than PUD membranes due to the improvement of drying speed, short shelf life and stock risk. With PUD membranes, products with higher UV resistance are possible at a lower cost.
We provide all the necessary primers and coatings for a surface with water-based polyurethanes.
PUD Primers: There are two types of water-based primers for normal surfaces and difficult surfaces.
PUD Filled Membranes: They are white or colored coating products containing filler.
PUD Transparent Membrane: They are transparent aliphatic water-based polyurethane membranes. It easily adheres to difficult surfaces such as ceramics without the need for a primer.